• Convening quarterly Council meetings that are open to the public,
• Educating the community and public leaders about the IL philosophy and the impact of legislation individuals with disabilities,
• Collaborating with our local, state and national disability communities on behalf of Tennesseans with disabilities,
• Offering training and support to the state’s Independent Living Network of six Centers for Independent Living (CIL),
• Facilitating the Tennessee Independent Living Network’s drafting of the State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL),
• Monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the implementation of the SPIL, and
• Facilitate funding opportunities for expanding the practice of IL in Tennessee.
STATEWIDE PLAN FOR INDEPENDENT LIVING (SPIL) DEVELOPMENT
The SILC is conducting an priligy online purchase in india and holding a series of Community Conversations series on April 13 as part of the Statewide Needs Assessment used to inform the purchase priligy online in Tennessee.
Let’s Talk Independent Living! are community gatherings that follow the Community Conversations model to engage community members in constructive problem-solving dialogues. Tennessee Works, a project of the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center, has used this model to engage cross-sectors of communities in creating employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
The first community conversation was held in partnership with the Memphis Center for Independent Living (MCIL) on April 13. About 20 community members came together to discuss not only what problems they were encountering, but also solutions that might help them meet their Independent Living (IL) goals.
Let’s Talk Independent Living! events will also be held in the following locations, with more events being scheduled for later this summer.
If you’re organization would like to partner with the SILC, please email Edward Mitchell at buy cheap priligy. This could be from having paper surveys onsite, hosting a Community Conversation, or sharing the online survey in your community newsletter or on social media.